Create Good Jobs, Address Climate Change
'A People's Visioning'
'To Create Good Jobs, Address Climate Change and Build a Better Community!!'
Mini-Conference, Wednesday, October 10th, 7PM
Music and Refreshments 6:30 PM
Friends Room, Library, Garth & Broadway
We will offer Solutions to Climate Change and Jobs, without Blight/EEZ, & Include Your Ideas!
"A Different Community Vision"
Please join CCCC & others rolling up our sleeves to bring jobs, address climate issues, and petition city leaders and our educational community to collaborate for jobs with job-specific training and mentoring in fields our community needs:
* renewable energy, energy-efficiency and conservation,
* neighborhood improvement,
* more local food,
* addressing sustainable clean water issues,
* focus, improve and support education,
* incubating small business startups thru high schools, community colleges & the university,
* improving and maintaining historic buildings,
* maintaining public infrastructure,
* remedying blight,
* improving well-being, public health, and Columbians' quality of life,
* find solid and creative funding,
* heal old community wounds and address healthy, inclusive, community building, etc!
Your ideas & resulting good jobs will alleviate poverty; low education; lack of transportation; etc. while assisting those with health, rehabilitation or addiction problems; our youth; veterans; former offenders; etc.
Sponsored By: CCCC at www.ColumbiaClimateChangeCoalition.org M. Welch 573-777-2216 or 573-443-4717 Co-Sponsors: Columbia Area NOW, Democracy for Missouri, Mid-Mo WILPF, Osage Chapter Sierra Club, Sweet Ethics Sustainability